Tuesday 15 April 2014

It Begins...

It's midnight on a Tuesday here in Adelaide and in a few hours I will be on a plane to the USA flying into the heart of Dallas, Texas. It was two years ago today I was there and the first things I did when I landing in 2012 was eat Texas BBQ. My life has changed ever since that moment. Forever feeling like meat has been missing something, that meat hadn't been cooked slow enough, that meat had not been smoked with real Hickory. The feeling you get when the meat falls apart in your fingers. I am going to look for it, and I am going to find it. I am so excited!!!!


What will follow in the next few weeks is an adventure to some of Texas's best BBQ houses and me eating all the meat, and all the beer till everything hurt's and I can't walk anymore. Why? Because no one else is going to do it! I will learn the ways, report back to Oz with my culinary experiences being better educated, better smoked and way more tender than before (as in me, not the meat). Stay tuned for more BBQ leetness (leet means good).

DICK YEH!

No comments:

Post a Comment